Book Review: Where I Can't Follow




 Tropes:

  • Broody Biker MMC

  • Dancer FMC

  • Tragic Past

  • Amnesia / Memory Loss

  • Small-Town Romance

  • Atmospheric Romance

  • Eerie Mystery & Suspense

  • Touch Her and Die Energy

  • Emotional Roller Coaster


Blurb:


From Amazon bestselling author Kristen Granata comes something new and suspenseful...


I woke up from a coma in a life I don’t remember.


Without my memories, I start to rebuild the dance studio that burned down with my past. This small town comes together to help me, and I’m beyond grateful. They keep me grounded in reality, which isn’t easy when I hear eerie sounds in my empty house at night, or when the strange man who keeps following me disappears into thin air.


Then I meet Luke. The handsome, broody biker doesn’t feel quite like a stranger. My body reacts to him like he’s tied to the parts of myself I can’t access. Despite our connection, there are things he’s not telling me. And being near him feels both safe and dangerous.


The more I’m with Luke, the more I’m able to remember. But the closer I get to the truth, the less I understand.


Getting my memories back should bring relief.

Yet remembering only means losing everything all over again.


My Review

Cordelia and Luke share this undeniable connection. You could feel right from the beginning; despite Luke thinking Cordelia was calling him an "idiot." This awkward moment was funny. I am famous for making awkward moments. There is another hilarious scene where Cordelia asks Luke why he does not call her Cordy. He responds, "Because Cordy sounds like a dog."

"I love you, my sweets."

I really enjoyed this book. It kind of had a bit of a gothic vibe. You will understand what I am talking about when you read this book. Be ready for the long game with Cordelia and Luke. Yet it is worth it in the end. Luke and Cordelia's love endures. A beautiful story. 








Purchase on Amazon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Giveaway

With Love from Hachette Book Group Giveaway

8 Apps Every Writer Should Have