Audiobook Review: Damon

 


A line that shouldn’t be crossed and a Daddy who can’t turn back…

DAMON

I’ve spent my life in combat zones and have seen the worst of humanity. This mission was supposed to be easy and straightforward—protect the embassy from cartel threats. Instead, I’m stuck babysitting Mackenzi Bradenburg, the ambassador’s bratty daughter.

She’s the real danger. Too young for me, undeniably beautiful, and my son’s ex. If I had any sense left, I’d stay the hell away. Yet, every breath she takes tests my control. She’s everything I shouldn’t want and can’t stop wanting. But I’m falling for her like a fool and putting both of us at risk.

MACKENZI

I’ve been yanked from campus and dumped in a South American embassy “for my own safety,” thanks to my father’s enemies and his obsession with control. Now I’m stuck under 24/7 protection, surrounded by grim-faced men who bark orders like I’m the enemy. Except one of them doesn’t bark. Damon growls. And I like it.

He’s tattooed, brooding, and old enough to be my father. If that’s not bad enough, I’m far too inexperienced for him. I should stay away, but the more he watches me like he owns me, the more I want to misbehave—just to see what he’ll do.

Falling for him is reckless. But calling him Daddy feels so good.


My Review

Mackenzi finds herself under the protection of Damon. Started out as a slow burn but as the story progressed, it picked up the steam. There is a big age difference between Damon and Mackenzi, but it was not an issue. I really like how protective Damon is with Mackenzi. 

I love J.L. She brings it. You know what else brings it, the ALC version of this book. Performed in duet by Darla Vance & Aiden Snow. Whenever Aiden's name is mentioned, you know you are in for a delight for the ears! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Giveaway

With Love from Hachette Book Group Giveaway

8 Apps Every Writer Should Have