Book Review: Untamed

 


Crowned in Torment

You know how much I like to hear you beg, princess. But when has it ever saved you?

I’ve been playing the perfect princess for so long that sometimes I forget my smile is a mask. When your father is the mayor of Crimson Heights, failure isn’t an option. Neither are boys.

Freshman year is supposed to be my first chance at freedom, but when Vander Lockwood transfers to CHU as the new Griffins quarterback, I realize that I’ve never been more trapped.

The Crimson Crowns boys all are vicious in their own way, but none of them are as callous and cruel as Vander.

I don’t know what I did to earn his hatred, but he bullies me every chance he gets. He wants to hurt me. Humiliate me. Break me and force me to my knees. But his twisted games won’t win him another victory like he gets on the field every week.

Because I was broken years before Vander decided to make me his demolition project. And now? I’m finally feeling brave enough to fight back.

Warning: This is a dark bully romance that contains very morally grey characters and themes some readers may find triggering. Please read with caution.



My Review

Vander and Liliana, what can I say about them other than get ready. There is no love lost between these two. This is a true bully romance. If you ever wondered how, it is possible to hate and like a MMC at the same time, than, you have not met anyone like Vander. For the longest time in the beginning, I hated Vander. I thought he was horrible. As the story progressed, I did slowly come around to him. The dominant side he had with Liliana was somewhat appealing. 

"HIs damn, mood swings are giving me whiplash."

It sure made for some very spicy scenes. Liliana is a feisty one. The more that Vander pushed, the more she got sassy with him. 

"When it comes to you, I always want more, Liliana."

Liliana and Vander's relationship is a rocky one. Just when it seemed things were going good for them, a bombshell is dropped and we are left with a cliffhanger. The conclusion of these two will follow up in the next book. 



Tropes: Dark Bully Romance, College Romance, Good Girl x Bad Boy, Stalker, Enemies to Lovers, He Falls First, Masked Hunt on Halloween, Touch Her and Die

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Giveaway

With Love from Hachette Book Group Giveaway

8 Apps Every Writer Should Have