How to Change a Life




A dare between friends leads to startling revelations and simmering tensions in the latest novel from the author of Wedding Girl.

Eloise is happy with her life as a successful private chef. She has her clients, her corgi, and a recipe for the world's most perfect chocolate cream pie. What more could she need? But when her long-lost trio of high school friends reunites, Eloise realizes how lonely she really is.

Eloise, Lynne, and Teresa revamp their senior-class assignment and dare one another to create a list of things to accomplish by the time they each turn forty in a few months. Control freak Lynne has to get a dog, Teresa has to spice up her marriage, and Eloise has to start dating again.

Enter Shawn, a hunky ex-athlete and the first man Eloise could see herself falling for. Suddenly forty doesn't seem so lonely--until a chance encounter threatens the budding romance and reveals the true colors of her friends. Will the bucket listers make it to forty still speaking to one another? Or do some friendships come with an expiration date?



My Review

This is a charming read. Right from the beginning I connected with Eloise. She is warm and everyone seems drawn to her. However, you can't talk about Eloise without mentioning her friends, Lynne, and Teresa. They are some good friends. Each woman seemed to embrace the bucket list idea with gusto. In fact, if it had not been for the bucket list, I think that the women would have been fine but not great. The list forced them to open up more; especially Eloise. I need to step back a moment and talk about the love interest, Shawn. He was a sweet guy. He and Eloise were good together. The romance was not in the extreme heat zone but it was like a mild chili pepper zone.

While, I did enjoy this book, after about half way if maybe not a little before I did find my excitement to waver and go down some. I did continue reading on some more but it was fine. Nothing that put me over the top. Yet, I would read another book by this author.

Comments

Mystica said…
I think I'd like this. The three friends etc is a theme I'd like.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations