Book Review: The Rebel

 


I was supposed to lay low while my Hollywood drama blew over. Not fall for a man with golden retriever energy who isn’t afraid to take what he wants.

When I find myself back in the odd little town of Tipp, Montana, the last person I expect to fall for is an army vet turned cowboy.

Let alone discover he was my first kiss all those years ago. Back then, I never even knew his name.

Josh Laredo is smart, successful, and sexy as hell.

When my efforts to sneak onto his federally protected ranch blows up in my face, he covers for me.

Bit by bit he breaks down the walls I’ve created to protect my heart. And there's a filthy mouth buried beneath all that good guy bravado.

He’s determined to peel back every one of my layers and give us the second chance he thinks we deserve. All he wants is to see the real woman beneath the Hollywood smile.

But I’m searching for answers, and as more secrets are revealed, I’m learning that things aren’t always what they seem in Tipp, Montana.


My Review

This is the second book I have read by Lena and the second in this series. Which I am really enjoying. OMG, this book is all sorts of spiciness! I absolutely loved it. The chemistry that Josh and Effie shared was HOT. Josh is a rough and tumble, take charge kind of guy who is not afraid to go for what he wants. Plus, he is good with his hands. 


Another thing that I enjoyed about this book is that the other characters from the prior novels do make appearances as well. Thus, it is nice to visit with them again as well. Yet, back to Josh and Effie. They are my favorite couple in this series. 


Also, there is the bomb shell that is at the end of the story. Which I can't wait to read the next book to see how it all plays out. Despite the title, don't be a "rebel" and pick up a copy of The Rebel as I guarantee you will fall in love with Josh and Effie like I did!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway