Book Review: Much Ado About Dukes

 

As far as William Easton―the Duke of Blackheath―is concerned, love can go to the devil. Why would a man need passion when he has wealth, a stately home, and work to occupy his mind? But no one warned the duke that a fiery and frustratingly strong-willed activist like Lady Beatrice Haven can also be a stunning, dark-haired siren who tempts a man’s mind, body, and soul.

Lady Beatrice is determined to never marry. Ever. She would much rather fight for the rights of women and provoke the darkly handsome Duke of Blackheath, even if he does claim to be forward-thinking. After all, dukes―even gorgeous ones―are the enemy. So why does she feel such enjoyment from their heated exchanges?

But everything changes when Beatrice finds herself suddenly without fortune, a husband, or even a home. Now her future depends on the very man who sets her blood boiling. Because in order to protect his esteemed rival, the Duke of Blackheath has asked for Beatrice’s hand, inviting his once-enemy into his home...and his bed.


My Review

This is a fine book. Sadly, it just did not engage and keep my interest the whole time. I found that it was slow reading for me. Due to the fact that neither William nor Beatrice captured my attention for long periods of time. This is nothing against the story itself but the last several historical romance fiction books I have the heroine has been sassier and humorous. 

In this book, William and Beatrise came off as more proper in the traditional sense. However, I will give them the benefit of the doubt that they did share some good chemistry. Which I have no issues with as I do also like this type of historical romance fiction book. Yet, because I was not as fully engaged with the characters, I did find that this book was a slow read for me. Overall, I did like this book and would try another by this author. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway