Book Review: The Inmate

 


There are three rules Brooke Sullivan must follow as a new nurse practitioner at a men’s maximum-security prison:

1) Treat all prisoners with respect.

2) Never reveal any personal information.

3) Never EVER become too friendly with the inmates.

But none of the staff at the prison knows Brooke has already broken the rules. Nobody knows about her intimate connection to Shane Nelson, one of the penitentiary’s most notorious and dangerous inmates.

And they certainly don’t know that Shane was Brooke’s high school sweetheart—the star quarterback who is now spending the rest of his life in prison for a series of grisly murders. Or that Brooke's testimony was what put him there.

But Shane knows.

And he will never forget.


My Review

This is the first book I have read by this author. I was drawn into the story and the fatal night that changed Brooke and Shane's lives forever. I finished this book in a matter of a few days. While I have read many psychological thrillers, I did not see the ending coming. I will be checking out more books from this author. 

Although, I do have a tiny gripe...Brooke. It frustrated me how quickly Brooke fell for Shane all over again after what he did to her. There were times when Brooke would have doubts but the next moment, she would just brush them aside and then find herself in a situation that she should not have been in. As I stated earlier though that I still really enjoyed this book 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway