Dutch



DUTCH is Madhuri Pavamani’s first book in a stunning new, suspenseful urban fantasy series that will take you on a wild ride of danger, love, sex and magic.

I've spent years holed up in the deepest, darkest parts of the city, fighting to keep Death and her Poochas from crossing the dead back to the living. My skill with a blade is bested only by my menace, my despair, my anguish - the strongest weapons I yield.
Then I meet Juma Landry and it all goes to hell.

She is beauty and love and sex and light, everything I am not. And she makes me want things I haven’t desired in years. But the monsters of my life, the evil lurking in the dark corners of my soul, those places craven and vile, bind me to a past I cannot shake free. As the most skilled Keeper for The Gate, nothing and no one can prevent me from excelling at a job I never wanted. I do it because it is my legacy, a fate I cannot outrun, but when Juma becomes my next assignment, each of her nine lives to be ended by my hand, I must decide: the legacy I never wanted or the love I don’t deserve.

My Review

Dutch Mathew is a keeper for the Gate. What does a keeper's role involve? Killing. Oh, and trying to stop Death and her poochas from helping the dead come back to the land of the living. Juma is a poocha. Her boss is Death, herself. Yes, Death is a female. Juma will not let anyone stop her from doing her job.

So, the description of this book is what drew me in and wanted to read it. This book is on the darker end of the urban fantasy genre. I like this factor. Both Dutch and Juma are like an onion. They have many layers to them. As you expose more of these layers, you find out just who and what they are made of. This book had potential. However, the true classification for this book should be erotic urban fantasy. What with all of the sex that the characters were having including a three way and female on female. I have ready many erotic books in all genres, so I was not offended or shocked by the sex. My issue was that is all that it seemed to be was about sex. In the first third of the book that I read, almost every scene or chapter was sex. There was one brief moment where I got to see the results of Juma's abilities to help someone back to the living. Needless to say, I did not finish this book. For me, I needed more substance to go along with the sex.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations