The Shuddering

Ryan and Jane are brother and sister. Before their lives get too hectic and it gets harder to keep in touch, they decide with a group of their friends to go to their family cabin in the Colorado Mountains. It is winter and snowing. Ryan, Jane and their friends don’t know what is waiting for them in the woods but they are about to find out.

I have never read anything by this author. However after reading this book, I am going to go back and check out this author’s prior novels. This book sounded intriguing but I did not realize just how much I was going to get into this book until I started reading it.

It was like reading something out of a horror movie. I can just picture it now. There was this movie about these creatures that came out from under the ground and took people. They buried them in holes until their bones got soft so that they could drag them underground. The name of the movie escapes me but this book kind of reminded me of this movie with a little mixture of the Descent movie thrown in for good measure.

The creatures in this book did not really have a name. Although they did not need one to be scary. I actually thought that by them being unidentifiable made them scarier. I will be thinking twice about going in the woods the next time that it snows in the Colorado Mountains as I live in Colorado.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations