Talking with author Sandra Edwards

Again, I want to thank my good friend and fellow reviewer, Nancy for this great interview with author, Sandra Edwards.







1. Where did you get the story idea for Secondary Targets? It seems a unique plotline and I wonder if something in your history brought it to light.


Secondary Targets was born from my love of conspiracy theories. I’d always wanted to write one, but I wanted mine to be unfamiliar. It took me about six months to come up with the basic premise of “what would you do if you woke up one day and found out everything you thought you knew about your father turned out to be a lie?”


2. Grace and Eric's story certainly was the basis of Secondary Targets, but Marcus and Cherilyn had their issues as well. What made you make them an interracial couple?


Marcus is one of those characters that pops into your head and then tries to overtake the story. At the risk of sounding crazy, I made a deal with him that if he let me tell the story my way, I’d let him save the day. And his response was that he wanted to do it in a big way...and in order to do that, he himself had to have a complicated story. Once I started developing his storyline, the “big picture” really came into view for me.


3. In Incredible Dreams, your heroine, Izzy, keeps flitting back and forth between the 1940s and present day. I truly enjoyed Izzy's slips while in the 1940s. Was it difficult to keep track of the timeframes your were writing in?


Actually, no. That was never a problem for me. I always seemed to know when and where Izzy was.


4. Jeanine, Satan's protégé, was a surprise in the story. Did you intend all along to write a good vs evil line?


Not exactly. I added Jeannie because I was trying to keep Incredible Dreams a paranormal story instead of it turning into a regular historical romance after the time travel had taken place. And, to beef up the conflict (without her, there was really nothing keeping Izzy and Jack apart).


5. How do you write? By this I mean do you plan out the entire plotline prior to writing anything or do you just come up with a premise and create from there as you go along? Do you have a specific setting that works well for you?

I’ll know a few things that are going to happen before I actually start writing, like the beginning and the end and a few scenes in between. For the most I just kind of make it up as I go along. It seems that what works best for me is whatever my muse is into at the moment J. I’ve learned that if she wants to write paranormal, it’s not smart for me to try to force her to write a contemporary romance.


6. I must say it was a great pleasure to read both these novels and to review them. Your career is blooming and I am glad to be a small part of it. Thank you for letting me interview you.


Thanks! It’s always a pleasure to know that someone else has enjoyed something I wrote.

Thanks so much!
Sandy

CRAZY FOR YOU ~ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003WJRJ4Q
BROKEN WINGS ~ http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00439GLEI
INCREDIBLE DREAMS ~ http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ZSHPBQ
SECONDARY TARGETS ~ http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0042AMG9C

Comments

Crazybookworm said…
Great post! Sandra Edwards is such an amazing and unique author. One of my favourites! Thanks for posting that.
Unknown said…
Love the interview!
Monique said…
The Muse knows best. Great interview!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations