A Christmas by the Sea


 
When Wendy Harper inherits her family's beachside cottage in Seaside, Maine, she sees it as a way to finally pay off the debts that have mounted since her husband died. But before it can be sold, the neglected property must be renovated. She and her 12-year-old son Jackson move in--temporarily, she reminds him--in order to do the work themselves, even though Christmas is coming. The charming town, along with local craftsman Caleb Colton, pulls on both Wendy and Jackson, who even registers himself for school in a bid to get his mom to move them there permanently. Wendy knows that the most responsible thing to do is to sell the cottage and return to Ohio, but the lure of the sea is hard to resist.

My Review

I grabbed a copy of this book because I am familiar with this author. I have enjoyed previous books form this author. While, Christmas is still a few months away, I was in the mood for getting an early start with my holiday reading.

Sadly, this book did not put me in the holiday mood. I struggled to connect to either of the main characters. Thus the story did not captivate me. In fact, I found it kind of dry. Try as I might, I had a hard time staying in the moment with this book. The details are hazy to remember. Overall, this book lacked the Christmas spirit for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations