The Purloined Puzzle

Amateur sleuth and crossword impresario Cora Felton is asked to solve a puzzle, only to find that it’s been stolen—and a murder weapon has been left in its place.

When the obnoxious sixteen-year-old Peggy Dawson asks Cora Felton to solve a puzzle for her, Cora is delighted to find that the puzzle has been stolen. She is less delighted, however, when a blood-stained knife is found in its place.

Soon a body is discovered in the middle of Main Street, and Cora has a murder investigation on her hands. It does not help matters when she hears that her least favorite ex-husband, Melvin, is in town pulling a real estate scam, particularly when she discovers that Melvin may have purchased the knife. Now it’s up to the Puzzle Lady to figure out what really happened.


My Review

This is my first introduction to this series. Instantly, I connected with the characters. They were quirky. Just how I like my characters in cozy mysteries. This is the best art of these types of books. Cora is so sweet and someone that I would want to hang out with. Although, no offense as she may be known as the Puzzle Lady but she is not that great at solving crossword puzzles. The person that showed he had a real knack for solving puzzles is Harvey Beerbaum. I give credit to people who can solve crossword puzzles. I struggle at them. My forte are word searches.
 
Not to be forgotten is Chief Dale Harper. He did not showcase in my eyes that he is a strong leader but he is an alright guy. He does work well with others. When it counts the most, he does come through.
 
This book was made fun by the characters. The whodunit aspect was laid out and wrapped up I a nice package. Added bonus are the crossword puzzles inserted in this book. The puzzles actually help to solve the case. Which makes reading this book interactive.
 
 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations