MURDER TAKES THE CAKE



Daphne Martin has recently moved back home to southwest Virginia. Daphne has opened Daphne’s Delectable Cakes. Daphne’s first client is Yodel Watson. Yodel has a reputation in town for being a town gossip. She is also not a very liked person. So when Yodel is found murdered. There is no love lost. The million dollar question is…Who didn’t want Yodel dead?

Murder Takes the Cake is the first Daphne Martin Cake Decorating mystery novel. This book is a re-release with some added, new material. I like Daphne. She is nice but she is a bit naïve. At the same time, I liked this quality about Daphne and hope she never really wises up. There were quite the wide ranges of interesting characters in this book. While I did have fun reading this book, there were some parts in the middle where I did skim over as I felt that the story could have moved faster. This book is just what a cozy mystery novel should be like…good story line, interesting characters, and some twists along the way. I did enjoy this book. Mrs. Trent serves up a tasty morsel with Murder Takes the Cake!

Comments

Mary (Bookfan) said…
I have this on my Kindle but haven't read it yet. I love your review and the trailer - moving it up my TBR list.
Cheryl said…
I am sure you will like this book Mary.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations