Alice in Zombieland


Alice was sitting with her sister outside on the bank. Alice wished she was in the graveyard instead. She loved walking through the graveyard. Suddenly, Alice sees a black rat. A black rat is nothing to awe about but a talking black rat is. The rat goes racing by chanting about being late. Alice takes off after the rat and follows him. Alice ends up in a strange and bizarre world…filled with odd creatures. All Alice can think about is the horrific craving she has for eating fresh meat. What is this world and what is happening to Alice?


Alice in Zombieland is not the book you or I grew up on. Mr. Cook puts his own twists on a classic and makes it his own for the twenty-first century. I have been on a reading spree recently and have been reading a lot of zombie related books. This book did have the creep factor. The illustrations in this book were well done. This helped to add to the creep factor. As I was reading this book, I could not get over the fact that sweet Alice was a flesh, eating zombie. While, I did like this book, I would not say that it will ever gain the classic status that the original Alice in Wonderland is. This is what I do like about this book as it is a tongue and cheek read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations