Interview with Cheryl Brooks

I am so thrilled to have gotten the chance to interview author, Cheryl Brooks of the Cat Star Chronicles series. Her third book, Rogue is currently available.











I want to thank you for allowing me to interview you.


Glad to be here!




Can you tell me about yourself?

I was born in Louisville, KY, but currently live near Bloomfield, IN. I've been a critical care nurse since 1976, and though I've been writing off and on for most of that time, I wasn't published until this past year. I've been married to an adorable guy for almost thirty years, and we have two sons, ages 19 and 22. I've been horse crazy all my life (I currently have four of them in the barn), and I also I enjoy gardening, cooking, and playing guitar.




What is your favorite indulgence?

You mean something other than sex???? That would have to be food. At the top of my list of favorites are cheese, corned beef, and chocolate.


What is the craziest thing you have ever done?

Never done anything crazy in my life, unless you count grabbing a strange guy's buns while in the mosh pit at a Nickelback concert. He never suspected it was me, either. ;-)



When you want to get away for a while, where do you go?

I go on vacations with the girls from the hospital a few times a year. We used to go to Dale Hollow Lake in Tennessee all the time, but lately we've branched out, going to Gatlinburg, Nashville, and Las Vegas. My family vacations have nearly always been to Myrtle Beach.




If you were deserted on an island and you could only have three items, what would they be and why?

Ha! If you've ever watched the movie “Castaway” with Tom Hanks, you'll understand why I would want these things: a good knife, a box of dry matches, and a very sturdy tent. No, wait! What was I thinking??? I'd want a sailboat, a compass, and a paddle!




Do you have a routine that you do every morning?

Since I work nights, my 'mornings' can be at 4pm, but on the days I don't work, I get up, eat breakfast, feed the horses, clean the barn, clean the kitchen, then I turn on my computer, check my email and various blogs, and after that, I start writing. Exciting, huh?



Please describe to readers about the Cat Star Chronicles series.






This is a science fiction romance series about a group of sexy Zetithian warriors who were captured and sold into slavery at the end of the war which destroyed their planet. Each book tells the story of how one of them found love and freedom. They're all filled with romance, humor, adventure, a little action, and plenty of super-hot love scenes. Oh, yeah, and the guys can purr!





How did you react when you first heard the news that Sourcebooks Casablanca was going to publish your book?


When the phone rang, I knew who it was even before I answered it—and, no, I didn't have caller ID at the time! I wish I could say I did a little victory dance, but actually, my editor seemed more excited than I was. It took a long time for the news to sink in.




Did you buy anything fun with the money from your first check?


I bought an Ibanez RG350EX electric guitar, which is still the coolest guitar I've ever seen in my life.



What is in store next for you? Another series or a stand-alone novel?


Not sure. When writing a series, it's very hard to keep the momentum going. Readers may want more, but keeping the ideas fresh is difficult. I have a lot of contemporary romances already written, and I may try to publish some of those. It's still pretty much up in the air at this point.


Thank you for this pleasure. It was fun



Check out Cheryl Brooks website

Also check out all of the Casablanca Authors' on their blog



Thanks to Danielle with Sourcebooks. I am giving away 1 copy of Rogue to a lucky winner. Contest ends March 8th.


To enter, please leave a comment for Cheryl along with an email address address so I can contact you if you are the lucky winner.

Comments

Haha, Cheryl you sound like such a down to earth and funny person.

I gotta admit I've grabbed many buns at concerts just because. And interestingly enough I've gotten the favor returned.

And your Ibanez is gorgeous *drools*

mishtakes AT gmail DOT com
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the interview. I have a copy of the second in your series, and really enjoyed it. Thanks for entering me.

carolsnotebook at yahoo dot com
Eva S said…
I've heard so much great about this series, I'd love to read the book. Should I read the others first?

eva.silkka at gmail.com
KR said…
Hi Cheryl,
I enjoyed the interview and I'd love to read your books. I'm near Myrtle Beach. (We have a cottage at Murrells Inlet.)

PS I love men who purr!
The Bookworm said…
that book cover grabbed my attention!
fun interview, this sounds like a great read.
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/
tetewa said…
Enjoyed the interview, I'd like to be included!
Cheryl said…
Thanks all for stopping by and checking out my interview with Cheryl.

Eva you do not need to read the other books first.
Bridget said…
I've posted this at Win a Book. No need to enter me.
Loved the interview! Thanks! This book sounds so cool! Men who purr...gotta love it! Please enter me. Thanks!
scottsgal said…
This sounds like a book I'd love - I've read several interviews with Cheryl Brooks and they've all been entertaining.
Anonymous said…
I could never be bold enough to grab some guy's butt at a concert! That's just too funny to imagine happening.

And gorgeous guitar.

Valorie
morbidromantic@gmail.com
Zetithian warriors sound intriguing...and pretty hot. I'll be looking for you books next time I go to the bookstore.
I enjoyed the interview Cheryl! :) Your "grabbing of the buns" story made me giggle! :D Congrats on the new book!!
Unknown said…
Thanks for the interview and congrats on the new book. I will have to add your book to my TBR list.

annmariebro(at)yahoo(dot)com
The_Book_Queen said…
Great interview-- thanks for letting us know a bit more about you. I laughed when I read about the whole 'squeezing buns' at concerts, etc. I've been very tempted a time or two... :D

I haven't read your books yet, but all of them are on my Want to Read wish list. I've heard so many great things about the series though!
Anonymous said…
Geesh, I can't even tell you how much I want that guitar. I'm learning to play electric guitar myself, so having one that cool would be awesome. Cheers!

tiffanyak1986(at)hotmail(dot)com
Cheryl Brooks said…
Hello everyone. Sorry I'm coming to the party so late!
Yes, I really did grab buns at a Nickelback concert. More than once, by the way, and I wasn't even drunk! Of course, the way the guy behind me was bumping into me while dancing was even more interesting...
I hope you all have great fun, whatever you read, and keep practicing that guitar, Tiffany!
Debs Desk said…
Please include me in your drawing. Thanks
Debbie
Debdesk9@verizon.net

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations