They are the Angels of Mercy


Watch out Pittsburgh’s Angel of Mercy Medical Center, there is a new doctor in town. Her name is Lydia Fiore. She is the new ER physician. Lydia is greeted by Nora, the ER charge nurse, Gina, who is tall and sharp tongue, and who has a major chip on her shoulder and her roommate Amanda, the quiet blond southern belle.

Even before her first rotation is over, Lydia causes a big stir. Her first emergency room patient is a teenage boy. Lydia is told that the boy was hit by a car but there are barely any scratches on him. The only problem that seems to be wrong with him that is he isn’t breathing. Lydia tries everything she can to revive him but he dies. Later Lydia learns that the boy is Jonah Weiss, the son of surgeon Dr. Weiss.

Losing a patient is hard but it is especially hard when it is a fellow doctor’s child. Dr Weiss wants Lydia gone forever and he intends to make sure that happens. Lydia decides to investigate what went wrong and why Jonah died. What Lydia gets for her snooping is a whole lot of trouble.

I enjoyed each and every one of the characters in this story from Lydia to Gina. I kept hearing good things about CJ Lyons. I wanted to read Lifelines when I first started hearing these comments but just didn’t have the chance till now. Let me tell you, the next time you hear good things being spoken about a book, you better run out and pick yourself up a copy as soon as possible. I can’t believe I didn’t take my own advice. You know those books that you can’t stop recommending to your friends, well Lifelines is one of those books. CJ Lyons has just became my new favorite author. I plan to keep reading this series for a long time.


Purchase the book here

Comments

Julie P. said…
I have been seeing these books pop up everywhere. They look so good.
Becky LeJeune said…
I love this series! I used to read a lot of medical thrillers but some of my faves from back then have gone downhill. Thankfully Lyons came along and gave me more!
Becky W. said…
I liked this book too! Loved your review!
The Bookworm said…
this does sound like a good series, i'll keep this in mind.
great review.
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations