The Sunday Salon


I am happy to share with you all another new author I met on Good Reads. Her name is Lee Moylan. She is the author of Once Upon a Nightmare.




No one ever imagined that something terrible would happen in the small town of White Chapel, especially Sara Bishop. The night was October thirteenth. The night when the Hunter’s Moon appeared. Rebecca who is Sara’s friend had been calling her all weekend wanting to talk but Sara didn’t have time to talk to her.

Sara wakes up in the middle of the night, having just had a nightmare. The next morning Sara senses something is wrong with Rebecca. She heads over to her house. The scene that awaits Sara is so horrific that it is beyond words. Sara wishes she had answered Rebecca’s cries for help; instead Sara tried to ignore her gift. Sara won’t make that mistake again. This is a good thing as the killer has targeted Sara next.

I really liked Sara because even faced with great adversity, she never backed down. The killer was so sinister that he almost gave me a chill. I have read many psycho serial killer novels. In fact these are my favorite type of books to read. I like the psychoanalytical aspect of getting into the killer’s mind and trying to figure out what triggered the killer to start killing and what made the victims so special. This is exactly the same thing that author Lee Moylan enjoys trying to solve as well. It shows when an author enjoys what they write from their interests. The end result turns out to be an outstanding novel. One that you can’t put down. Once upon a nightmare is a recommended read.


Purchase the book here

Comments

Literary Feline said…
I am drawn to books like that too for the very same reason. I like to know the why behind it all, what lead a person to be the way he is. This sounds like a good one. Thanks for the great review.
Linda Jacobs said…
Wow, you read the best books! That genre is one of my favorites, too, so I'll be asking at the library for it.

Again, I really enjoy coming here to read your well-written reviews!
Cheryl said…
Literary Feline and Linda- Thqanks for stopping by today to read my post.

This is my favorite type of genre. I can't get enough of these books
This sounds like it will be really thrilling. I'm curious to know about the killer and Sara's gift. I'll be checking this one out. Thanks for the review
Darlene said…
This really does sound like a good thriller Cheryl. I always like to fit some of these into my reading.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations