Political Suicide

Dr. Lou Welcome receives a phone call from a friend, Dr. Gary McHugh. Dr. McHugh tells Dr. Lou that he urgently needs his help. He needs to come to his house before the police arrive. Lou arrives to learn that Gary is the prime suspect in the murder of Congressman Elias Colston. To make matters worse, Gary can not remember a thing. He was found unconscious in his car. Thus the reason for Lou’s help. Gary knows that Lou will get to the truth.


I must admit that it has been a long time since I have picked up another one of Mr. Palmer’s books to read. My first introduction to this author was The Fifth Vial. From this book, I knew Mr. Palmer was an author to watch out for. Thus my reason for wanting to read another one of his books.

Political Suicide features the return of Dr. Lou Welcome from Oath of Office. This book can be read as a stand alone novel. I liked this book. It had a good steady pace to it. The flow of the story kept moving which is always a great thing. Dr. Lou is a strong male lead. He is someone I would want on my side. However as much as I liked Dr. Lou for some reason the rest of the characters did not do much for me and thus I was not as invested in the story as I would have liked. A positive thing about this book is that there are a few surprises to be had.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations