I was swept away by Cross Currents!




Lek lives on the island of Ko Phi Phi with his wife, Sarai, his children Suchin, Niran, Achara, and Sarai’s mother. Lek and Sarai owned and operated Rainbow Resort. There are not any tourists staying at the resort currently other than Patch. Though, Patch does not really count. Patch has been staying with Lek and his family for over five months now.

Patch is running from the law. He hurt a police officer and is trying to figure out what his next move will be. In the meantime, he is helping Lek with repairs and teaching his children English. Patch’s brother, Ryan and his girlfriend, Brook are coming to visit Patch. Trouble is about to brew. Patch and Brooke have feelings for each other and second, the earthquake of 2004 hits the island.

I loved the setting of this story. I have never heard of the island of Ko Phi Phi or am familiar to the tragic events that took place there in 2004, when one of the largest earthquakes hit Indonesia and the island of Ko Phi Phi. I could tell that Mr. Shors was passionate about this story and the location. The characters felt more real. It was like I was there on the island and could feel the sand between my toes and the mystic, blue waters of Ko Phi Phi. Though, as much as I did like this book, I must admit that it took me a little while to become really interested in the story and the characters. I was swept away by Cross Currents!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations