The Goblin King is worth its weight in gold.




Roan is the Goblin King. He lives in the Shadowlands and his heart has been replaced with gold. Roan has been summoned by a woman. When Roan arrives, he finds the woman unconscious and bleeding. Roan takes the woman back to Shadowlands.

Eliza awakes to find herself in a strange land with a strange man. Though the man is not a stranger to Eliza. In fact the last time that Eliza saw the Goblin King was when she was a young girl. At that time, Roan told Eliza not to summons him again. Now that she has, Roan does not plan to let her go. Because every king needs a queen, Roan wants Eliza to be his queen.

Shona Husk is a new to me author. I like the premise of this new series about hunky goblins. I have to admit that if all the goblins look like Roan than I would not mind being a goblin queen. I think that green might just become my new favorite color. Eliza on the other hand was someone that I had to warm up to in the beginning. I wanted to shake her and tell her that she was making a huge mistake wanting to go back to Earth and her fiancé. Who was a major jerk by the way. Of course, Eliza did get her head on straight in the end. The romance was good but mild at best. Eliza and Roan did not really hook up until later in the book. They were separated most of the time. Ms. Husk did create a magical world. The Goblin King is worth its weight in gold. I will check out the next book, Kiss of the Goblin Prince.


Try the prequel, The Summons: A Goblin King here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway