Face of Betrayal


Reporter Cassidy Shaw, Federal Prosecutor Allison Pierce, and FBI Special Agent Nicole Hedges are good friends. They met each other over a chocolately dessert called the triple threat. Ever since then these three friends have been known as the triple threat.

Katie Converse works as a Senate Page for Capital Hill. While out walking her dog, she disappears. Fearing the worst, her parents offer up a reward.

Cassidy breaks the story of Katie’s disappearance. She believes there is something up. Her investigative nature kicks in and she starts learning all she can about Katie and her life. Whatever information or leads she can’t get access to; this is where Agent Nicole Hedges comes in to help. While Allison does help some, she is somewhat distracted by the news that she is pregnant. It seems Katie’s disappearance might be connected to a very powerful Senator.

I was so looking forward to giving this book a try. It sounded right up my alley. While it did have suspense, it kind of wavered throughout the story. I didn’t really find the characters to be strong enough to grab and keep my attention all the way through the end. In fact I had to re-read the section when the storyline revealed the killer and their motive behind it. If you are looking for something new to try, then Face of Betrayal may be the book for you.

Comments

Becky W. said…
I totally agree! I read this book a while back and had really looked forward to it. I just didn't enjoy it as much as I'd hoped!
Kristie said…
Hmmm... I placed this book on hold through my library and have been looking forward to it, but now I am wondering if maybe I should take my name off of the list. Should I read it?
Cheryl said…
Kristie- It is hard to say if you should still read this book. All I can say for myself is that I was thinking it was going to be more dark and sinister but instead it was just middle of the road ok and if you are a big suspense/thriller fan like me then you may figure out the killer before the end.

Also the characters were not all that interesting or engaging.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations