Full Body Burden is an intriguing read.


I live about four hours away from Denver, Colorado. I can rightfully say that I am not familiar with the Rocky Flats nuclear plant. I mean that I know of it but did not hear the warnings as other children may have heard from their parents who lived close by to the area like don't get the snow, beware strange glowing rocks (ok, so maybe not this particular warning) but you get the idea.


I got a little more out of reading this book than I thought I would. What I found the most fascinating was the nuclear plant and the last half of the book, where the government and the DOE were held responsible for the after effects of the nuclear plant. Reading Kristen's story about growing up near Rocky Flats nuclear plant and losing friends was sad. I did like getting to know Kristen. Although. I felt like this book was more about the people who lived near the nuclear plant, worked there, and the nuclear plant itself versus really a memoir about Kristen and her family. Not that I am complaining as I did feel like getting to know the people that Kristen grew up with helped to tell the story. Not that you needed to know every detail about the people who worked or lived near the nuclear plant to feel sorry for them and cheer when the DOE was held accountable for the nuclear plant. Full Body Burden is an intriguing read. Even fiction readers will find this book worth a first and second look.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway