Angelology





Evangeline is the newest Sister to join Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration. Evangeline works in the library answering mail. One day Evangeline receives a strange piece of mail addressed to the Adoration. The letter talks about Abigail Aldrich Rockfeller whom corresponded with Mother Innocenta back in 1943-1944. The letter is signed by a V.A. Verlaine who requests permission to visit the Adoration to see all the other letters between Abigail and Mother Innocenta.

At first Evangeline brushes Elaine’s request off but then she becomes intrigued by his request and does some investigating. Evangeline learns that Abigail did correspond with Mother Innocenta all the way up until the fire in 1944. That wasn’t all. There was more. Before Evangeline realizes it, she and Verlaine are deep in over their heads.

When I first saw this book the thing that drew me to it was the cover. The next thing was the concept of Angelology. I opened this book and was instantly transported into the story. The mixture of mythology and fiction was a nice balance. I have to admit though that I found the story line involving Evangeline and Verlaine more interesting then the store line in the past. Of course, this isn’t to say that I didn’t find this part also interesting as it did help to tell the story and explain what Evangeline and Verlaine were looking for. I do agree with the other readers that the ending felt a bit rushed. Here the suspense was building throughout the book and then the ending felt a bit like a cop out. Overall through Angelology is worth checking out.

Comments

I agree, the cover drew me in too. It's stunning. I haven't had the chance to get a copy but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations