The Deceived




Jonathan Quinn is an independant free- lance "cleaner". What that means is that Quinn disposes of bodies that people need to make disappear. So when Quinn goes to the LA shipping docks for a job, no one is more surprised than Quinn when he reconizes the body as a former CIA agent and friend Steven Markoff. Markoff's body was stuffed into a barrel but inside the barrel is some writing that looks to be some type of code. Quinn is off to figure out the mystery behind why his friend was killed. Also Markoff had a girlfriend named Jenny that Quinn is determined to save. Quinn finds himself in Singapore in the middle of an international cat and mouse game that could make matters worse for the US.







Quinn is one person you don't want to mess with, when it comes to "cleaners". All the characters in this book were strong, which is why this book was so good. This is my first book by Brett Battles and I can tell you that it was an outstanding book. I enjoyed the fast pace of The Deceived and thought the storyline was believeable and filled with action. You can bet I will be checking out The Cleaner by Mr. Battles. The Deceived reminded me of The Bourne Identity. I can't believe that I have never heard of Mr. Battles till now. Watch out all you reader fans of thrillers that will keep you going till the last page with a few twists thrown in the mix as you just might find yourself like I did falling fast and hard for Brett Battles and his books.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am a huge fan of this author...love his writing...love the story idea...love everything about it!
Becky LeJeune said…
I haven't read the Cleaner yet. I'll have to pick it up once I start to catch up on my reading some!
Rashmi said…
I've never read him before, but now I have to add him to my wish-list. I loved the Bourne novels and if this one's anything like those, I MUST read them!
The Bookworm said…
Havent read this one before, sounds like a good one!

http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/
trish said…
Shucks, I guess I have a new author to add to my list! Which is never a bad thing. ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations