Book Review: One Touch




Falling hard for my ex-boyfriend's rugged older brother was never in the plan. Beckett Miller may be my brother’s best friend, but he’s also the last person on earth I want to ask for help. He’s stubborn, demanding, and doesn’t care at all what people think of him––everything his little brother wasn’t, and definitely everything I should not want.

Thanks to my own stubbornness and my three infuriating siblings, he is the only one who can help me renovate my beloved aunt’s farmhouse. Beckett thinks I’m a doormat and I know he’s an arrogant prick, but toss in one late night game of tipsy strip poker and before long, endless summer days turn into scorching hot nights.

Listen.

I can fix everything around my friends’ problems, my brothers’ love lives, maybe even the decades-old rivalry that divides our cozy, coastal town. Beckett’s snarl and heavy sighs are no match for me.

The only thing I can’t seem to fix is the way my body reacts when he swings a hammer. I built walls to protect my heart after what his brother did to me, but I’m finding it could all come crumbling down with just one touch.


My Review

Lena Hendrix does it again with this new book by bringing the steaminess and angst. I could feel the heavy physical attraction that Beckett & Kate experienced with one another. It just grew more intense the most time they spent around each other. 

The way that they acted like they "hated" each other in the beginning but at the same time wanted to kiss had me feeling all sorts of vibes. When it came down to it, Beckett does have a heart of gold. Like the way that he asked what Kate's favorite order is, so that he could surprise her. I am going to leave you with a quote from Beckett:

“I want to dance with you in every kitchen we design together. After any long day to come, I want to soak with you in the tub and let our troubles melt away. You calm me. Soothe me in a way I never knew I needed. "


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway