Book Review: The Devil's Reward

 


Quinn:
I moved to escape my past and give my daughter and I a fresh start. Now, I’m a respected Social Worker for a private VA clinic, and I devote my time to helping veterans find their way in civilian life. I have no time for relationships, and to be honest, I’m too shy to attempt it. But then he keeps getting thrown in my path. Shadow, the Enforcer for the Devil’s Soldiers MC. A man that is making me question what I want, and also pulling at my heart with every piece of himself he gives me. But I know he’s hiding something from me. Will I be able to handle it when it comes to light? Or will it shatter us both?

Shadow:
I fought hard for my country. I lost my team, and when I left the Special Forces, a new one found me. The Devil’s Soldiers MC helped me get to a place that I could finally live. Our club is still being threatened because someone wants to destroy us, and I will not let that happen. Except, I wasn’t expecting her. Quinn Holt is everything I want for myself but know I shouldn’t have. My own family. Still, I can’t stay away from her, even when I should be focusing on our mole problem. But I have secrets, and the past is about to come full circle in a way I never expected, and it might drive her away. Our mole won’t rest until he breaks our club apart, and they don’t care if she’s in the way. I will do anything to keep her and her little girl safe. Because after all these years, they’re my reward and no one will take them away from me.

This is a standalone story, but the storyline continues throughout the books, so it is strongly recommended that you start at the beginning if you want to keep up to date.


My Review

OMG. If you have been reading this series like me, you are in for a real surprise and treat with this newest book in the series. I absolutely love Quinn and Shadow. Shadow actually just moved up to the top of my list as favorite. Not that I don't still have love for all of the other men. In fact, this series gives me Sons of Anarchy vibes. This book hit me hard in all the right ways. The Devil's Reward is the biggest book in this series by far but so worth it. In fact, you will hardly notice as you speed read this book.

Quinn started out self-doubting herself and her worth but by the end of the book, she was a fighter. Macy, Quinn's daughter stole every scene that she was in. I could not stop laughing at the comments that would come out of her mouth. Shadow needed healing as well. He found it in Quinn and her daughter. There were many hot moments to be had between Quinn and Shadow.

Be prepared to lose track of time reading The Devil's Reward by Emily Rose!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations