Book Review: Lock Me Inside


Not all is as it seems…

When my mother announces she's been dating someone, the last person I expect it to be is James Alistair––the father of two of my biggest bullies.

Nix and Colt Alistair.

I never knew why, but they always hated me. In school, they made my life hell, and apparently nothing has changed. Only this time, instead of cruel jokes, things get physical, and when our parents leave for their honeymoon, I find out how far Colt is willing to take this.

I thought the worst time of my life was over.

I was wrong.

My Review
I have been wanting to read a book by C. Hallman for a while now. She did not disappoint me with this book. In fact, it is the darkest bully book I have read to date. It had all the angst and dark vibes that I was craving. Although, i will admit that at times the scenes were a bit tough to read. This is because of what was happening to Leni was not her choice.

When it came to Nix and Colt, I had mixed feelings about them. they were really mean about 95% of the time and the other 5% were nice. So, my feelings towards them ran hot and cold. Those nice times I was all for it. Although, of the two brothers, I do have to say that I was leaning more towards Colt.

However, learning why the brothers acted the way they did helped me have a better understanding of them. So, I could not truly fault them for being bullies. So glad that Leni did get a HEA.


Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents