Book Review: The Drummer

 

Lincoln and Michaela were introduced in A Rockstar Christmas Wedding.

Lincoln Adams was only supposed to be a drunken mistake, the consequence of a little too much Christmas wedding eggnog and loneliness.

Once he’s asleep, I sneak out of his apartment expecting to never see the drummer again.

Except I left my guitar at his friend’s house.
And my earring on his floor.

An earring he uses to leverage me into a lunch date where he starts chipping away at the armor erected around my heart with his too-insightful mind and gorgeous green eyes. His touch heats up my body with a need I’ve never felt before. I won’t do a relationship ever again, but a surprise mutual connection brings us together for a week of sharing and sensual delights.

Seven days of friends with benefits, then we go our separate ways.

What happens in Virginia can stay in Virginia—right?


This story is intended for readers 18 and over due to adult language, sexual content, and adult situations.



My Review

This book may be book three in this series, but it can be read as a standalone book. This is a spicy, humorous read. I had an enjoyable time reading this book. Although, it was not really Lincoln and Michaela that brought the comedic relief but Lincoln's mother. She had me laughing whenever she would say something to Lincoln. Especially when she was ribbing Lincoln about his relationship with Michaela. She was Lincoln's wingwoman.

It was refreshing that Michaela was not looking for a study relationship. It was Lincoln that felt the need to pursue more with Michaela. Lincoln may be a drummer in a band, but he is down to earth. He shows it when he takes Michaela on a tour of the town. When they went to the amusement park was sweet. Yet, it was anything but sweet when these two hooked up. It was steamy hot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway