Book Review: Monsters Before Men

 

When men fail, our monsters will satisfy…

A primal growl. The rustle of fur. Eerie eyes peer out from the darkness.

There’s no use resisting. They’ve been waiting, patient in their hunt. Now, they’ve come to corner you. Take you. Claim you.

But beware… No man can compare to the savage love of a monster.

Thirteen exceedingly sexy short romances that will give you goosebumps in all the right places.

Reticent Desire Publications and the monster-loving readers’ group, Monsters, Demons & Knotting, oh My! is thrilled to present this limited-edition anthology featuring steamy encounters with creatures both paranormal and alien.

PARTICIPATING AUTHORS

Ophelia Bell

V.T. Bonds

Jocelyn Montana

Leslie Chase

Godiva Glenn

Leanna Ryans

Elizabeth Austin

Cassie Alexander

Cara Wylde

Layla Fae

Chloe Parker

Cass Alex


Hannah Hazel


My Review

I have only heard of like three of the contributing authors for this anthology. The rest are new to me. That is the nice aspect about reading an anthology is that you get exposed to so many new authors. I did not realize all of the various types of monsters there. I am a bit of a newbie to the monster romance genre. Other than the typical vampire and werewolf stories; I had not read many others.

Recently, I have read several of author, Elizabeth Austin's stories. So, my love to orcs has grown. Which Ms. Austin's story was one of my favorites in this anthology. The first and second stories in this anthology by Ophelia Bell titled The Satyr's Sin and Myra's Monster by Leslie Chase were other favorites of mine as well.

The other stories were good. I mean they definitely brought the heat to this anthology. However, I found myself not as attached to the characters for the most part in the other stories. Yet, I do still want to check out all of these authors full length monster romance books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations