Book Review: Amico

 


(Publisher warning: This book includes dark subject matter, violence, language and light Bdsm. Reader discretion is advised.)


Mia

I wanted to be alone. I didn’t need anyone. Never have, never will. Or so I thought.
Until an Italian God shows up, sweeps me off my feet, introduces me to his power. His control. His dominance.
He warned me about him. He told me to run.
But how do you leave someone who completes you? Who captivates you. Who makes you feel full when all you’ve ever felt is empty.
I wanted to be alone. But that was he took what he wanted, gave me what I craved and left me knowing I would never feel the same again. Not without him.


Leonardo
I’m used to keeping secrets. Used to not trusting anyone.
My day job keeps me hidden. My life a mystery most will never know.
But she bewitches me with her charm. She fascinates me with the way she shines so bright.
A light in a world full of darkness.
I seduce her for my pleasure. I want her only for one night.
But once you experience heaven, how can you ever come back to earth.
I’m used to keeping secrets. And now that she’s mine, I plan to enjoy her always and never let her go.


My Review

I have to admit that in the beginning I was a bit confused. It was kind of like going to watch a movie and walking into the middle of the big action scene and having no clue what transpired to lead up to this scene. Other than this I did really love this book. I can guarantee that if you really enjoyed this book that you will love Amante, the conclusion to this duet just as much, if not maybe more. So, if you are looking for your next dark, steamy, mafia romance you need to check out this duet.

The Mia from this book and the Mia from Amante are two different women. In this book, Mia starts out as a sparrow but in the final book, she comes out a raven. Also, can we take a moment to talk about Leonardo and his Italian accent. Love a man with an accent. The times when Leonardo spoke Italian was HOT. Speaking of hot...love scenes between Mia and Leonardo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway