Book Review: The Alias and the Altar

 


The moment I kissed my wife, I knew I was in trouble.

A stoic, dangerous man with ties to the Mafia has no business keeping a gorgeous ray of sunshine like her, but she was scared and I was desperate.

On the run, we land at a secluded ranch designed to protect federal witnesses. As long as everyone believes we’re married, she won’t have to testify against me for killing the man who put his hands on her.

But the longer we pretend, the lines between fact and fiction begin to blur. My eyes linger a second too long. My hands soften on her skin. My kiss, a little too demanding.

Before I can help it, our pretending extends behind closed doors and our relationship begins to feel very, very real.

My plan is to hide out until I know she’s safe. Set her up for life and disappear, but I’m drawn to the way she breathes life into me without even trying. A better man would walk away.

But I never claimed to be a better man.




My Review


This is the first book I have read by this author, but it will not be the last book. I really enjoyed this book. The book is categorized as a "grumpy" romance. If this is what "grumpy" is all about than sign me up as I could go for a man like Parker. 


Getting married may not have been on the list of things that Parker and Sienna really had planned but they shared no regrets. The chemistry these two shared was HOT. I mean the first encounter after Parker came out of the bathroom in just a towel got my temperature rising. Yet, don't think this book is all just about the romance as there are some tense moments later in the story. Remember Parker and Sienna are on the run from some dangerous people. If you are a new reader to this author like me, you will want to pick up a copy of this book for yourself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway