Book Review: Trusting Maverick

 


Maverick:

I leave romance and relationships to my family. Being the CFO of Lincoln Technologies, I don’t have time for romance. Until I saw her. Gwendolyn Hearst is like nothing I’ve ever imagined. She’s smart, funny, and gorgeous and now I’m thinking that maybe it’s time for me to give this whole romance thing another shot. Soon, though, it’s clear that dating Gwen isn’t going to be easy. She’s the caretaker for her sister, Ellie, who has Down Syndrome, and has learned the hard way that men never stick around when the going gets tough. I just need her to give me a chance, and to show her that I’m not like them. That she and Ellie can trust me not to break their hearts. No matter who tries to get in our way.

Gwen:

I don’t need a man to come in and save the day. Fairytales are for books and movies, not for real life. I’ve learned the hard way that men don’t like to stick around when things get hard, and it’s even harder when you have someone who needs your constant attention. So why isn’t Maverick Lincoln getting the hint? Showing up and being so kind to Ellie, and to me, that it’s almost too good to be true. How can I trust that he won’t leave us too? Especially when I’m hiding secrets, and they finally come to light. Will he prove that I can trust him, or will he be like every other man and ride off into the sunset, never to be seen again?


My Review

If you are a new reader of Emily, you are in for a special treat with this book. It is the first in this series. I can't wait to continue this series. Right from the beginning, I found myself instantly connected to all of the characters. This in turn made reading this book so easy. I could not stop reading it. Trusting Maverick is a five-star recommended read!


Maverick won me over right away. He was very thoughtful towards Gwen and Ellie. He acknowledged Ellie as a person and not someone with a disability. I loved Ellie's nickname for Maverick of Mavie. Gwen and Maverick shared great chemistry together. Those intimate moments between them...HOT!


Author, Emily wrote Ellie with care. I have had friends with disabilities and yet they still live their life. Additionally, I have a friend who's two daughters both have a form of Down Syndrome. They are the sweetest girls and as I was reading this book, I instantly had an image of Ellie in my head. 


Comments

Mystica said…
Thank you for this review. Both author and book new to me.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations