J’Adore New York is a fun, chick-lit



Catherine Lambert is an attorney with Edwards and White. They are a global corporation. Catherine works in the Paris branch but when she receives a mass email that the company is looking for staff to transfer to their New York location, Catherine accepts. As soon as Catherine walks into the New York office, she instantly has regrets about transferring.

I was not sure if I would like this book as it is not something that I typically gravitate towards but it sounded good, so I decided to give it a chance. So, glad that I did. This book is hilarious and a quick read. Like for example when Catherine was being explained all the perks about health insurance, 401K, dental, etc. One of the benefits was pet insurance. Catherine thought…pet insurance? What lawyer at this firm has time to take care of a pet? Isn’t that like offering child care services to a group of monks?

Though, I do not envy Catherine. She had to put up with a lot of shit. Pardon my French. With a boss from hell and dealing with offensive behavior from a client, who is looking for his next ex-wife. Luckily for Catherine, she had a great administive assistance in Rikash. Rikash is the perfect assistant. He is gay, hears all the gossip and knows when the stores are having the best sales like Dior and Dolce and Gabbana. Of course, as much as I enjoyed reading this book, I did have some issues with the characters. While, I know the whole purpose was to show that Catherine was above all the petty cat fighting and mindless drones but I also found this a turn off. These people got on my nerves and before I knew it, I was skimming the pages and flash forwarding some to the end. J’Adore New York is a fun, chick-lit that I would recommend to someone who is looking for a book like this to read. There will be a second book, J’Adore Paris.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations