Hello, Hollywood!



Athena Pappas is the lead writer for the television show, Stars Collide. Athena’s two friends and fellow writers for the show are Paul and Bob. This season for Stars Collide is a very important one. This is why Athena’s boss, Rex informs them that the network is bringing in another writer to help.

Athena, Paul and Bob come up with the idea of having the two main stars of the show become pregnant. They decide that they will have Athena pretend to be pregnant and Paul and Bob will sing she is having a baby when their boss comes down to check on them. This is all fine except that when Rex arrives, he is not alone. Standing next to him is a Greek god. Not really but close, it is just the new writer, Stephen Cosse.

Hello, Hollywood is the second book in the Backstage Pass series. The first book is Stars Collide. From what I read, most of the characters from the first book are back. Though, you can read these books as stand alone novels. I have not read the first book but I have read another book from Mrs. Thompson in her Wedding in Bella series.

There were a lot of references made through out this book about Dick Van Dyke and The Alan Brady Show. Both have comedic moments in them. I feel like if you are going to reference to shows like this as to how you want to incorporate things from these shows into your show, which in this case is Stars Collide than I better laugh from all the suggestions. I hardly ever laughed at Paul and Bob’s antics. Also, I had a hard time believing that Athena would fall head over heels for Stephen the moment that she met him. Stephen and Athena were supposed to work together yes but I was also led to believe that Athena did not like Stephen because he was treading on her territory and could possibly take her job. I did like Athena’s family. They reminded me of the family from My Big Fat Greek Wedding.


“Available September 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations