THE COMFORTS OF HOME with Jodi Thomas





My review

Reagan Truman has grown since; she first came to Harmony, Texas. She is now a young woman has a grandpa, friends and a place to call home.

Ronelle Logan works for the post office. Her first delivery is to Mr. Marty Winslow. Ronelle was not prepared for Marty’s abrupt attitude. This would explain why on her first meeting with him, she called him a cripple.

Tyler Wright is the local funeral director. He is finally ready to make the leap from friends to more than just friends, with Kate. Though, is she ready for the same thing?

Everyone in Harmony is friendly and people that I want to hang out with. Well most of the people. There was Marty. I could not believe how grown up Reagan was. She now had to contend with boys and prior she was just happy sitting on the front porch with her grandpa. It was nice to see Noah again. I do believe that he and Reagan belong together. Ronelle became an instant hit with me. She was shy but around Marty she opened up and could be herself. Even if that meant sometimes just blurting out things.

I so love this series from author, Jodi Thomas. I have to compare this series to another one of my favorite author’s, Robyn Carr and her Virgin River series. They are both great, the characters are more like friends, and I can not read these books fast enough. The Comforts of Home is like eating a slice of Grandma’s homemade, warm, apple pie…it is delicious and makes you wants seconds and thirds!

--------------------------------------------
THE COMFORTS OF HOME will be hitting the stands on Nov. 1, 2011 and I’m very excited to see my people of Harmony, Texas come alive. In my mind they already are and sometimes I feel like they’re so real that I could pack my bag and go down for a visit any time I liked.

With writing it’s always been that way for me. I don’t really feel like I create characters, I feel like I just meet people and get to know them. If I’m lucky they tell me their story. When I meet people who read and love my books I always like to hug them. After all, we have friends in common.

As the people of Harmony began to sit down and tell me their story (in my head) I found one quiet woman fascinating from the first. At a time in her life when she was young and should have been going out on dates and having a ball, she was silently working at the post office without one person she called friend. The story whirls around with people falling in love, breaking up and living life, but in the corner of my mind, Ronelle Logan waited for her story.

People in general frightened her. One by one they were terrifying. Chapter 2, The Comforts of Home.

In the opening of THE COMFORTS OF HOME she is about to meet a man who will petrify her at first and awaken her to life as they talk.

In a closing note, I’d like to add that you are going to love a new character I introduce. He’s just a kid (17) with long hair, and a dream to make it big in the music world. We’ll be watching him grow up and fall in love several times before he figures women out.

Come along with me to Harmony. We’ll have a grand visit with the people there.

Wishing you much love and laughter in your life,


Jodi Thomas

http://www.jodithomas.com/

www.facebook.com/JodiThomasAuthor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations