2 in the Hat





Angel Alves coaches the Mighty Mites football division for seven and eight year olds. Angel sends the Mites to do a quick run before ending practice. Suddenly Angel hears a scream. He goes to investigate and finds a couple dressed for the prom, tied to separate trees. They are dead. Angel has seen this before. This has the makings of the Prom Night Killer written all over it. Angel goes to the one man who is very familiar with the Prom Night Killer…Angel’s former partner, Wayne Mooney. District Attorney Conrad Darget wants in on the action and will do anything he can to help.

I had never heard of author, Raffi Yessayan, so I did not know what to expect from reading this book. What I got was a nice surprise. I found the characters to be engaging. The character I really liked was DA Conrad. He was so enthusiastic about riding around with the police, listening to the police scanner and asking questions. Conrad was like a kid in a candy shop. The story line moved quickly. There was a twist that I didn’t see coming and it threw me for a curve ball but in a good way.

My only issue I had with this book was that I thought the killer was a bit of a wall flower. I felt the killer’s presence when he was picking out his victims but when he did the killing it was subtle. Plus it is a little hard to take a guy with the name Sleeper serious as a serial killer or any killer at that. I plan to go back and read Mr. Yessayan’s prior novel, 8 in the Box.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations