Book Review: Cold Hard Truth

 

What to expect: 

🔥Her father's enforcer 

🔥MC Prez's daughter 

🔥Revenge 

🔥The past catching up with them 

🔥She'll never escape him 

🔥Hate to love 

🔥Resident F*ck boy falls HARD 

🔥Unapologetically HOT 

Years on the run taught me fate always catches up. And that’s what happened when Sage Jackson found me.

My destiny. My keeper. My father’s enforcer.

Sage owes the club a favor, and now that I’m back, it’s his time to pay up. My freedom for his. A task he’s happy to accept when I’m the reason his father is dead.

Sage swears to protect me.
To guard me.
To keep his hands off me.

He thinks showing me his dark side will make breaking the rules easier to resist.

But the truth is, he isn’t the only one with scars and secrets. And I prefer being at the mercy of a beast over the boredom of dating a prince.

𝘾𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙏𝙧𝙪𝙩𝙝 𝙞𝙨 𝙖𝙣 𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙩𝙬𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙙, 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠, 𝙛𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙤, 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙮 𝙨𝙪𝙗𝙟𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧, 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙩 𝙨𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙨. 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩/𝙏𝙒𝙨 (𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙧𝙨) 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙗𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙣 𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙬𝙚𝙗𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙚. 18+ 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮.





My Review

The opening chapter when Lyla was a young girl and her interacting with Sage. Sage already had Lyla's heart back then. Flash forward to present day. Things have changed slightly. Sage has to work hard to win Lyla over. She is not a young girl anymore but a strong woman. 

Ooh, the angsty tension and big-time enemies to lovers' vibes that Sage and Lyla were giving me. They definitely had me all over the place. These two had to deal with a lot. Yet, I am glad they have each other. 

When these two did become intimate, the heat was turned up! It was not just about the s#x as there were real emotions involved as well. Ooh, Eva you did it again and got me hooked. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Book Giveaway

Aberrations