Book Review: Smooth as Whiskey

 

Top three reasons why I shouldn't eff around and find out with Cash Johnson.

1. He's eight years older than me.
2. He's best friends with my broody, older brother, who’s overly protective.
3. He's hiding something.
So we become roommates. And I become his greatest temptation.

I play his dangerous game of cat and mouse until we collapse between the sheets with a promise to tell no one.

The only problem is that secrets don’t stay hidden in our small town for long—not our forbidden relationship or the pasts we’re both running from.


Smooth as Whiskey is book 4 in the Valentine Texas Series. Each book can be read as a stand-alone, but they do interconnect. This is a small-town, older brother's best friend, secret relationship, contemporary romance book with a happily ever after.


My Review

I love this newest addition to this series. As soon as I started reading, I was hooked. I read this book so fast. Cash and Remi gave me...heat, laughs, angst, and love!

The sneaking around that Cash and Remi did was funny. It made it even funnier for the fact that they truly were not fooling anyone. Well, except maybe Remi's older brother, Beckett (or not). Yet, the way that he was looking out for Remi to make sure her heart did not get broken again is very sweet. 

One of my favorite parts of this book where the letters that Remi and Cash wrote each other back when they were dating. Even then you could feel the strong feelings they had/have for each other. Cash and Remi are each other's perfect Valentine!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway