In honor of this year's National Book Festival, we're hosting an author event at the Library of Congress - "Hardcover Mysteries"; three mystery authors - David Baldacci, Sandra Brown and Kathy Reichs - will discuss what real life cases/investigations inspired their fictional works.
The public event is hosted by Investigation Discovery (ID), the criminal justice/investigative arm of the Discovery family, and the Library of Congress, and will take place next Monday, 9/20 at 7 pm. Tix for the event are available via Ticketmaster for a small fee ($2.75 per ticket plus service charges).
** We'll also offer a live webcast of the event at www.investigationdiscovery.com/event
** And we'll be livetweeting from the event @DiscoveryID
Later this fall, ID will launch a TV series under the same name - Hardcover Mysteries - which will profile eight novelists (including the three above) who will all explore the crossover from fact to fiction.
- The other authors in the TV series include: Harlan Coben, Linda Fairstein, Sara Paretsky, Lisa Scottoline and Joseph Wambaugh
Each episode of Hardcover Mysteries pairs an author with a real-life case close to their heart, whether it inspired one of their own creations, mirrors the themes presented in their bestsellers or resonates with their personal life story.
As an example of show content: In Baldacci's episode, he examines the 1964 murder of Mary Meyer, a Washington D.C. socialite and confidante to President John F. Kennedy, which partially the basis for his first best-seller, "Absolute Power."
- Show trailer: investigationdiscovery.com/event
More event/show details below.
Join us online:
Investigation Discovery is America's leading investigation network, and is the source for fact-based investigative content about culture, history and the human condition
- Name: Hardcover Mysteries
- Panelists: David Baldacci, Sandra Brown and Kathy Reichs
- Date: September 20
- Location: Coolidge Auditorium of the Library's Thomas Jefferson Building at 10 First St. S.E., Washington, DC
- Time: Doors open at 6 pm and the event begins at 7 pm
- Tickets: Online here - http://www.ticketmaster.com/Hardcover-Mysteries-tickets/artist/1487606 - or by phone - 202-397-7328 / 703-573-7328
- Series: Hardcover Mysteries
- Premieres: October 11 at 9/8c pm
- Show trailer: http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/hardcover-mysteries/event.html
- Press release: http://press.discovery.com/us/id/press-releases/2010/investigation-discoverys-hardcover-mysteries-featu/