The Snowflake



The year is 1897 in Alaska.

Ellen Pierce and her brother, Jonah along with several others are traveling to Dawson City. The ship that they were traveling on gets stuck in ice. There is only one option…travel by sled and snow dogs across the frozen tundra to Dawson City. The trek will be very dangerous. Luckily for Ellen and her brother, Buck Lewis volunteers to lead the group to Dawson City.

I first was introduced to Mrs. Carie when I read Love’s First Light. I really enjoyed that book and Mrs. Carie’s writing style. I then read her next book Angel’s Den and also enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I couldn’t really get into her latest book, The Snowflake. While I found the story to be sweet, I found it to be a little too sweet. What I mean by this is that while I liked Ellen and Buck together and I liked the story; I felt that there needed to be more meat to the story line. The action wasn’t intense enough for me.

On the other hand, I was actually happy when Ellen’s brother, Jonah was no longer in the picture. He was mean. Though, I may not have fallen for this book I still like Jamie Carie as author and plan to still read her books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations