A Hope Undaunted




The year is 1929.

Katie O’Connor, her boyfriend, Jack and some of there friends are hanging out at a restaurant. It is almost 10 pm. Katie is hungry. Jack hollers for the soda jerk to come take their order. The guy is not intimidated by Katie or her boyfriend. Katie has shocked as she has never met anyone who did not bow down to her every wish. Katie is so mad but to make her evening worse, she comes home past her curfew. Her father puts his foot down and tells Katie that for her punishment, she has to give up her summer to help volunteer at the Boston Children’s Aid Society.

Katie is not thrilled with the idea. Katie gets the surprise of her life when she learns that Luke will be helping out as well as associate director. Will Katie have the summer of her life?

A Hope Undaunted is book one in the Winds of Change series. Julie Lessman is a new to me author. I truly, absolutely loved this book. Mrs. Lessman is a prolific writer. I was instantly transported back in time with Katie. At first I thought Katie was stuck up but once I got to know her, I found her to be very sweet and someone I would hang out with. Katie was full of spunk. Luke is so dreamy. It was easy to see why Katie fell for him. I felt sorry for Luke a little bit. Katie is a spitfire and Luke will have his hands full with her. I read this book in one sitting. A Hope Undaunted gives me hope that the next book in this series will be just as good!

“Available September 2010 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

Comments

Mary (Bookfan) said…
Nice review! I really enjoyed this and Lessman is a new-to-me author as well. My review goes up tomorrow.
Julie Lessman said…
CHERYL!!! WOW, thank you SO much for this wonderful review -- you blessed the socks off of me!!

And you nailed it when you said Luke will have his hands full. Katie and Luke as newlyweds in the next story is like the clash of the Titans and SO fun to write!! Trust me, marriage causes both Katie and Luke to grow up just a wee bit more ... :)

Anyway, I don't know if you are inclined to post your reviews on CBD.com or Amazon.com, but if you are, I sure wouldn't object because this one is just too good to get away!

Have a blessed week ... you sure blessed mine!

Hugs,
Julie
I also enjoyed A Hope Undaunted and am a big fan of Julie Lessman.

I found the characters to be fairly three dimensional and enjoyed the interaction between the two main characters, Katie and Luke - although at times I was surprised by Katie’s sudden abrupt turns. The O’Connor family is true to form in their larger-than-life sort of Irish personalities and entertaining as always.

I posted a more in-depth review of my own at
www.tracysbooknook.com.

-Tracy
Oops!

When I said a "more in-depth review" I meant more in-depth compared to the short comment I had made.

Sorry if that was unclear.

-Tracy

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations