The only "Lies We Tell Ourselves" are the ones where we try not to admit that we are addicted to this book.





What a refreshing voice in the teen book genre. I am so glad that I took a chance and picked up a copy of this book to check out. Instantly I felt a connection to Sarah. It was more than just on a reader level as well. It was like I was walking in her shoes as Sarah and I could hear all the mean comments yelled at me, feel the stares from the other students and the scared feeling I got that something worse would happen to me.

The things that Sarah and her friends had to endure is so wrong. It is shameful that this is still happening today. I endured a little of this myself when I was going to school. Due to my ethnicity. I am Asian. I am proud to be Asian but living in American. It is so sad when I read stories like this of people who are so narrow minded that they can't see past the color of their skin and accept them for the person they are. Anyways back to the book. Another book that can get me talking about it long after I have finished reading it and makes me so passionate about the characters is a winner. However don't just take my word for it. pick up a copy for yourself. You won't regret it. The only "Lies We Tell Ourselves" are the ones where we try not to admit that we are addicted to this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations