Destined for Doon






The second book in the popular new Doon YA series that takes on a classic story, Brigadoon, and spins it in a new way to give readers a fresh, modern experience.

In this sequel to Doon, Kenna Reid realizes she made a horrible mistake-choosing to follow her dreams of Broadway instead of staying in the enchanted land of Doon. Worse, she's received proof she and Duncan are meant to be, along with torturous visions of the prince she left behind. So when Duncan shows up and informs Kenna that Doon needs her, she doesn't need to think twice. But even if Kenna can save the enchanted kingdom, her happily ever after may still be in peril.

The Doon novels are a part of Blink, HarperCollins Christian Publishing's new YA imprint that delivers empowering and heartening literature while maintaining a tradition of imaginative and impactful storytelling.


My Review

I have not read the first book in this series, Doon. I got a chance to review the second book, Destined for Doon and even though I have not read the first book, I could not pass up the chance to see what this series was all about. So glad that I did. I had no problems jumping right into this book. The magical world of Doon was great. I have a wish to some day visit Ireland and Scotland so this book was right up my alley.

Despite having not read the first book I still felt the strong connection between Kenna and Duncan. Also, the feelings with Veronica and Jamie. The world that the authors built of Doon was great. I instantly was transported to this world. Another thing that I liked was that Veronica was still a normal girl even though she was queen. She was relatable. Actually all of the characters were relatable. The ending has left me in a cliff hanger and I can't wait to read book three. For now, I will just have to go back and read book one.
 








”DoonSeries.com”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations