The Sensory Child Gets Organized: Proven Systems for Rigid, Anxious, or Distracted Kids

I picked up a copy of this book because my nephews have ADHD. In addition to some emotional and psycological disorders. I love them very much and it is hard to see them going through these things at such a young age of nine and ten. Although they have been going through this for a while. My parents are great as they are helping my sister to raise her boys.




First what I like about this book is that Mrs. Dalgliesh has a child with sensory issues. So she is not just a person writing a book or someone with a degree. She has actually experienced the things she is writing about first hand. There are many different forms of sensory besides just ADHD. There is also bipolar, OCD, and autism to name a few. Mrs. Dalgliesh explains the difference between all of these forms. This is important because in order to hellp your child you have to first discover which of the types your child is. Each form has some of the same traits but again once you have truely figured out which sensory type your child is than you can really focus on helping them to have a better productive, happy, and healthy life. Also you will than find some peace. Mrs. Dalgliesh writes this book in a easy and understandable way. She does not talk down to the reader. I like this as I want to be able to understandd what I am reading without having to figure out what all the big words mean. Another thing that I liked about this book is all the work sheets that were in this book. The homework is not just for the adult but also for the child as well. This book will bring both the parents and children closer together. This book is a keeper that you can refer back to again and again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations