Carly’s Gift is a treasure of a read

Carly is married and has three children. Her marriage is not the best. Her husband, Ethan drinks. So when an old boyfriend comes back in town, Carly entertains the idea of a second chance.




David is a famous author. He is back in town for his father’s funeral. He does not want anything to do with Carly. She left him and married his best friend. When Carly reveals a secret, it will change David’s life forever.



Carly’s Gift is a treasure of a read. It will have you laughing, crying, angry, and believing in second chances. The angry part was aimed towards Carly’s husband, Ethan. He was such a jerk. I really don’t know what Carly found in him when she married him. However as much as I hated Ethan, this means to me that I have become invested in the characters in the book that I am having different emotions about them all.



I really felt for Carly and everything she went through in the past and the present. She is a good mother and she showed great strength. The person however that really surprised me the most was Carly and Ethan’s daughter, Andrea. While I know this story is suppose to be about Carly and David, Andrea won me over. She had me cheering for her the whole time. She acted more mature than the adults. I don’t want to say anymore as I don’t want to give away anything. All I am going to say is that you have to check out this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations