THE DAY IS DARK




Thora has received a telephone call from her lover, Matthew. His employer has an issue with one of their clients, Berg Technology. The company is in mining. It seems that all of the crew took a leave and is now refusing to return to the job. Well most of the crew. The few that remained on the site are presumed dead. Thora agrees to join Matthew and a crew to investigate.


Yrsa Sigurdardottir is another new to me author. I was really intrigued to read this book. It sounded chilling. This was a good book however I did have some issues following along. I did get lost a couple times and had to go back and re-read a part of section that I had just read. One problem being that the story while it was interesting the mystery was long drawn out. Another was all of the different characters that appeared in this book. Some names seemed so similar to each other that this made it difficult to figure out who was who.

However I liked Thora. She never overreacted to anything. Also, I like that she still showed that she was a woman. For example when she unpacked her suitcase after arriving at in Greenland. Right on top in the suitcase was a pair of high-heeled shoes along with Capri pants, skirts, dresses and a pashmina shawl. The ending was good. I wanted to point this out for the fact that sometimes a book can be good but the ending bad or not up to par. I do want to go back and read some of the prior novels.

Read an excerpt here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations