Enemies and Allies



Kevin J. Anderson brings readers a fun and exciting read with Enemies and Allies. This book takes and incorporates two of the best superheroes and pits them together to fight a mutual enemy...Lex Luther.

Lex Luther is constructing a nuclear reactor that could destroy the world. It seems that while building this reactor that he has discovered Superman's weakness to Kryptonite. The funny thing is that Lex doesn't know he possess in his hands the very thing that could bring down Superman. Lex Luther's plans though do not go un-noticed. In fact his plan to make LuthorCor the number one company has raised red flags with LuthorCor's rival competitor...Wayne Industries. Multi-millionaire playboy Bruce Wayne does not like with Lex is up to and decides to take matters into his own hands as Batman. Batman gets a helping hand when he and Superman team up to take on the bad guys in Enemies and Allies.

I have to admit that I love all the great superheroes of the past. I grew up during a time when as a children you lived for Saturday mornings for the cartoons. So for me I was very excited to pick up a copy of this book to read. While I did enjoy reading Enemies and Allies, I was surprised to discover that the story took place at the beginning. A time when Clark Kent was just learning about his powers and who he really is and where he came from. So because of this aspect, I felt that Batman was more superior then Superman. Of course I still won't want to be Lex as he takes both of these heroes on. Talk about a major handicap match. Though so of the events that took place in the story were not accurate, Mr. Anderson stayed pretty true to the men behind the capes. So after all the dust has settled and the good guys end up on top, all I have to say is give me more.

Comments

Linda Jacobs said…
This sounds like a cool idea for a book! Isn't it amazing that after all the books that have been written over the years, authors are still able to come up with fresh scenarios?

Have a good week!
Nice review. That's a bummer Clark is pretty "young" in this, but it sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to read it!

-lauren
Jess said…
This book sounds great, thanks for the review.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations