Watch out for the Dragon!

I have been getting into reading and reviewing more children's books as my nephews are at that age that they can understand the words and the story. I thought The Suburban Dragon would be a fun book. My five year old nephew lost interest immediately. What he didn't like was the fact that there was a girl mentioned in the book. A sister and two brothers. He thought it was about girls and didn't like it. (Boys, what can you say about them).

What I found interesting was that the words had too many syllables. The story could have ended about ten pages ago. For a five year old, I think this book is too much for them but too simple for the older crowd. I did like the illustrations as they were very colorful and author, Garasamo Maccagnone had a good imagination. Overall, I thought The Suburban Dragon had lost his fire.

Comments

Sarita Leone said…
Love the cover! Sweet, too, that he didn't like the idea of a girl in the book. *G*

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations