The Sunday Salon


I want to thank Kathleen Carter for sending me a copy of this book to review.












All Samantha Friedman ever wanted was to live a perfect life with the perfect family. Unfortunately what we ask for is not always what we actually receive. Samantha and her husband, Bob tried for a long time to have a child. The doctor told them that they should start thinking about adoption. That was seventeen years ago. Samantha would never trade anything in the world for her adopted daughter, Cammy. By some miracle Samantha was finally able to give birth to Andrew and Jamie.

Samantha and Cammy used to be real close. Cammy always had just the right words to cheer Samanthaup. Now a days, they barely speak to one another. Cammy has taken on a whole new persona. She hardly ever washes her hair; she dresses all in black and worse of all Samantha doesn’t even know what goes on in Cammy’s world. All Cammy wants to do is hang out with her new friend at school, Monica.

Samantha is distracted herself. Her and Bob are like two strangers. They do their routine and go to bed. It has been a long time since Bob has touched or even looked at Samantha with desire in his eyes. Samantha never planned for it to happen but Craig was conveniently there for her.

I thought Sleepwalking in Daylight was a sad story. Samantha walked around in a daze. Bob is self-centered. The only person I really cared for was Cammy. She found herself in many difficult situations, but a big reason for this was she was rebelling. This was her way of speaking out and asking for help. The poems Cammy wrote, I thought were deep, sorrow, and showed she was more adult then the actual adults in this story. After reading Sleepwalking in Daylight, I would try Elizabeth Flock again.



Check out Elizabeth Flock's website

Comments

Linda Jacobs said…
So often that's the issue when a teenager begins to rebel. I want to slap Elizabeth and tell her to wake up and pay attention!

It just shows how important parents are in the formation of their kids.

I might have to read this to find out what happens. I like Cammy already!
Julie P. said…
I enjoyed this book (though I hesitate to use the word enjoy because the book was so disturbing.)
This sounds like a really interesting book. I'm very curious as to what happens in the end between the family. I think I'll have to go pick this one up (=
Blodeuedd said…
I do confess that after what you wrote I don't think this may be the book for me

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations