Book Excerpt Reveal: Splintered

 


✨Check out this exclusive excerpt from SPLINTERED by @isabel_lucero releasing August 15!

#PreOrderHere https://mybook.to/u13splintered

Excerpt:
“What?” I question, even though he’s the one who should be asking me that.

He shakes his head. “Nothing. I just never thought we’d be here.”

“What do you mean?”

“You were just this guy I knew in school. Eleven years go by and you’re in the NHL and in my bungalow on a private island, eating breakfast with me. It’s strange.”

I chuckle. “I guess so.”

He rests his cheek in his palm as he studies me, and now I feel flustered. My cheeks redden and I sputter out a laugh. “Do I have food on my face?”

“No,” he says with a shake of his head. “Just looking at your eyes.”

“Oh.” I stare back at my food. “I’ve always been self-conscious about them.”

“What?” he exclaims, almost offended. “They’re beautiful. And unique. It was one of the main things I remembered about you.”

I put my fork down and sit back a little. “You remembered me? I mean, over the years, you thought about me?”

He looks embarrassed. “Don’t make me sound like a psycho.”

I chuckle. “I’m not. You said it was one of the main things you remembered. I guess I’m just wondering what else there was.”

Devin looks out the window, his chin sitting in his palm. When he looks back at me, his eyes twinkle in the sunlight.

He puts his hands down on the table and starts spinning the bottle of water. “Sometimes there’s just memorable people from school, you know?”

I don’t let him try to skate by it. “You remembered my eyes. What else did you remember?”

He sighs, digging his teeth into his bottom lip. “If I say it, you’re going to feel weird, and I don’t want things to be weird. We’re here together for a few weeks, and I like hanging out with you, so I just don’t want to mess it up.”

“Well, now I’m very curious,” I reply, folding my arms on the table and leaning in.

He rolls his eyes and stands up, busying himself by gathering the trash. “I might have maybe had a little crush on you. It’s not a big deal, but yeah, I just remember telling you that I liked your eyes once.”

My heart slams against my ribs.

#newbookalert #mmromance #bookish @theauthor.agency

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway